- President: Timothy Gaffney. Timothy is an honor student at San Marcos High School where he is the Vice-President of the sophmore class. An avid lover of wildlife, he has been a volunteer at the Chula Vista Discovery Nature Center where he cared for animals, and is a regular volunteer with San Diego Coastkeepers, scientifically testing the local waters to ensure that we have an accurate record of changing conditions for our government leaders to rely upon. He is hoping to attend UCSD and pursue a career in science.
- Secretary: Darby Gaffney. Darby is also an honor student at San Marcos High School and nature enthusiast. Like her brother Timothy, she is a volunteer with the Discovery Nature Center and with Coastkeepers. She is setting her sights on Stanford.
- Treasurer: Jeffrey Gaffney. Jeffrey is a retired Navy Captain and local attorney, as well as father to Timothy and Darby. With his wife, he has traveled the world teaching their children the wonder and fragile beauty of nature.
Our Board of Directors
- ErinTomaras. Erin is currently a Master of Environmental Management student at Duke University with a concentration in Coastal Management. She received her Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies and Marine Biology from the University of Washington in 2012. She has a varied background working with sea turtles that includes rehabilitating injured turtles, assisting with sea turtle genetics projects, and working with nesting turtles and their eggs in Guatemala, North Padre Island, TX, and South Padre Island, TX.
- Ventakamaran Mohan, PhD. Venkatraman Mohan is the Marketing Manager at Honeywell Burdick & Jackson. Dr. Mohan is a proven leader in biopharmaceutical industry with more than 20 years of experience and achievements in a wide range of cross-functional roles including: drug discovery, business development, securing government grants, creating and maintaining relationships with global industry alliances and academic groups. Dr. Mohan plays a significant role at Honeywell, using his expertise in business operations, project management, and scientific skills. Dr. Mohan holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and an Executive MBA from Rutgers University. Dr. Mohan has been with The Triple Helix organization since its founding in 2004. He has played a crucial advisory role, including representing the International Advisory Board during The Triple Helix journal’s original launch.
- Jeffrey Gaffney. Jeff is the legal and business member of the Board. He has no scientific background beyond a love of nature. He graduated from the State University of New York in 1984 as the outstanding graduate in his major. He also holds a Master's degree from the U.S. Army War College and a Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law. He retired from the Navy in 2015 after 30 years combined active and reserve service. An attorney concentrating in financial matters and elder law, he has helped hundreds of investors to recover from negligent and fraudulent investment advisers.